1 cup of half and half 10 oz bittersweet Chocolate 60% Cacao, chopped Chunks of…
300 g dark chocolate chopped or chips
2 tbsp. Coconut oil
2 medium avocados pitted and peeled
1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 eggs at room temperature
1/2 cocoa power
1/2 cup less 1 tbsp. coconut flour
For the Avocado Frosting
1 medium avocado pitted and peeled
3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa power
3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line the base and sides of a 9×13 pan with parchment paper, allowing some overhang.
- Put the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl set over simmering water, without it touching the water or warm in microwave at 1 minute intervals.
- Melt the chocolate, stirring until smooth then remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the avocado into a food processor or blender and process/blend until smooth.
- Stir the avocado, honey and vanilla extract into the cooled chocolate.
- Next, add the eggs, one at a time, making sure each is well mixed before adding the next.
- Stir in the coconut flour and cocoa powder until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread to cover the pan and fill the corners. Smooth the top.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the top is firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and cool completely in the pan before lifting the brownie from the pan.
Place frosting ingredients in a food processor or blender along with the cocoa power and maple syrup.
Process/blend, scraping down the sides as needed until very smooth
Add more cocoa power or maple syrup if needed to taste.
Spread over completely cooled brownies
Cut the brownie into 24 pieces and store in a airtight container for up to 3 days
Check out more click on recipes.